CANNABIS INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
CBD Professional's team of seasoned professionals understand the nuances of the rapidly changing legal landscape and best management practices required to operate a safe and legal cannabis cultivation site, manufacturing facility, delivery service, dispensary, or distribution company in California. Our team's robust industry experience and expertise in the legal representation of cannabis businesses includes:
- Legal formation of cannabis collectives and for-profit business entities across the State of California including research and legal counsel regarding applicable local ordinances governing related business activities.
- Obtaining city or county permits for operation of dispensaries, delivery services, distribution, manufacturing, and cultivation sites with zoning and legal compliance expertise.
- Drafting, review, and negotiation of business agreements with business partners and employees.
- Preparation of corporate governance documents including articles, bylaws, minutes, and board resolutions.
- Resolution of business disputes and pre-litigation counseling.
- Representation of clients in tax matters before the Board of Equalization and employment matters before the Department of Labor.
- Litigation of medical cannabis patient access issues before the California Court of Appeal on behalf of medical cannabis dispensaries.
- Successfully defended medical cannabis dispensary in commercial litigation brought before the California Court of Appeal.
- Defended and sued on behalf of collectives and patients in civil actions brought by public agencies including civil injunctions, and by private parties in business litigation matters.
- Drafted local medical cannabis tax initiative ballot argument at request of Vallejo City Council.
- Advocated for medical cannabis patients and collectives at city and county council meetings and other public forums.
- Negotiated with property owners regarding commercial lease terms to mitigate risks associate with commercial cannabis activities.